Daniel King's Blog

Tuesday 21 July 2009

Braintree BMX Club - Seb Coe Regional Visit

Today I was invited to attend Braintree BMX Club to meet Seb Coe on his Regional Tour.
It was a great opportunity to promote all the good work done through the Team Essex Ambassador Scheme as well as visit the newly refurbished BMX track.
Alongside meeting Lord Coe and posing for a number of photo's (look out for them in the locals!), I also was interviewed by Heart Fm (Essex & Suffolk) to discuss the Ambassador Role and also the forthcoming Cultural Olympiad Weekend which I am also involved in.




The weather was typically British, but that didn't seem to spoil the atmosphere enjoyed by those who attended. Having injured myself recently coming off a bike, I kindly refused the offer of trying the track out for myself - I don't fancy another 6 weeks out of training!

As well as meeting Lord Coe, it was fantastic to meet all the young people and parents who will benefit from having a top class facility on their doorstep. With the success of Team GB in Beijing, in particular the cycling, it is pleasing to see the positive impact this is seeming to have on young people back in the UK.






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home